Shop Inside is seeking an experienced customer service assistant with excellent communication and computer skills to join our online sales and customer service team.
Shop Inside is a long established, fast growing online retail business selling homewares including bed linen, cushions, throws, table cloths and more showcasing all the leading brands. We are a fun, friendly, and dynamic team working collaboratively in a very busy online environment.
Our busy Customer Care team requires an additional team member who is highly enthusiastic, outgoing, hard-working, and meticulous to join us in our busy and exciting workplace. You must be an excellent team player, get along well with others and have a helpful style of communication. You will be joining our online sales and customer service team and will be based in our office / warehouse located in Hoppers Crossing Melbourne. As we are an internet based business, we are looking for someone who uses the internet and social media in their everyday life and is comfortable and familiar with these mediums including online shopping. Full training will be given to the successful applicant.
We would give preference to applicants with a retail background who have worked with websites and online sales previously as all team members are involved in online sales, assisting walk-in customers with sales and order pick-ups, customer support via phone and email, stock control and order dispatch. Previous experience with eParcel would be an advantage. A cheerful and professional phone manner, excellent verbal communication skills, positive attitude and ability to focus and get work done quickly and accurately is essential. You will answer to and work closely with the business owners and other staff. It is an advantage to have worked in small business previously and understand that work roles are very diverse, overlap and require workers to be very flexible in their roles.
The successful applicant will ideally possess the following skills and experience:
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Vibrant, easy going personality and can work well in a team environment
• Excellent computer and online skills
• An excellent phone manner and willingness to help
• Good presentation, work ethics & high attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and also as a part of a team
• An all-rounder and able to multi-task & work efficiently
• Strong negotiation and problem solving skills
• Extremely well organised and a self-starter
• A confident and approachable personality
• Internet and social media skills and understanding is essential
• Must have initiative and be able to prioritize tasks effectively in a very busy workplace
The role will involve:
• Answering online customer calls and emails in a timely manner
• Adhere to Customer Care policies and procedures to resolve customer issues
• Resolve online customer queries to achieve the best outcome
• Provide support and advice to the Customer Care Manager and team
• Liaise with external suppliers and the warehouse
• Serve Customers in-store, online & over the phone
• Online Order Fulfilment including dispatch using eParcel and couriers
• Stock Control – Purchase orders
• Shelf stacking including light lifting
• Data entry
• Other customer service related tasks and duties as required
This is a flexible casual position, initially 3 days per week 10am-4pm (days negotiable) with the opportunity of increasing to 5 days per week as workloads increase.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to work in a company that will support your professional growth. The role is ideal for someone who is looking for a fast paced and varied role. If you have a love of homewares, outstanding customer service, excellent computer skills and want to be part of our team, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close March 16th 2015